Friday, December 26, 2008

The Passed Around Owl

Ok, I gotta tell you - it stings a little. Every year on Christmas Eve I get relocated to a new home. This has been going on for 21 years, and I'm starting to feel just a little bit cheap. Passed around. Never cherished.

Every year I adjust to my new digs. I learned pretty quickly that if I want to be a socially contributing member of the family I'm with this year, I'll need to do so online.


I've never blogged before - typing can be kind of a bear with ceramic wings - but I'm going to give it a shot. My plan is to record the events of my year in blog form for posterity.

I've got a good feeling about this placement as, upon arriving in my new temporary home the youngest, Olivia, took a moment to introduce me to her owl collection. She has a freakin' collection! That's got to be a good sign!

L-R: OE, Tootsie Pop, Pink, Hoot, Pig and Soren

So stay with me for the year - if you like - it's as long as anyone ever lasts...

3 comments:

bassislife said...

Welcome to the Howard Homestead Pink.

mommakin said...

Happy to have you, Pink. We'll try to keep it fun, but really, you're more animate than most of us are most of the time...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE owls !!!!!!!

I sort of started my own collection too

too funny!!