Thursday, January 1, 2009

Party Like It's 1999 - Only 10 Better

We went to a party last night to celebrate the start of a new year. It was nice to meet new people - they recognized me from my internet fame, so they were at a distinct advantage. None were shy, though, so I got to know them all pretty quickly.

They had a LOT of good food and a nice variety of beverages. Always one to savor new experiences, I had sparkling wine (3 different kinds!), mojitos, pear martinis, and a beer. Is it: beer on liquor, never sicker? Or: liquor on beer, never fear? Or is it: if you're 6 inches tall and hollow, maybe drinking is a bad plan in any combination? I think it's that one.


When I realized I needed a break, I joined the kids for some sparkling juice, toasted marshmallows, and Mamma Mia charades. Probably best if you don't ask...


Yeah, I'll need a little more practice with the marshmallow thing...


After mingling with the adults (Apparently life IS just like the movies and people DO burst into song at random and sometimes in unison. But rarely in tune. Seriously. Yikes.) and playing with the kids I was introduced to a few fellows who spoke my language. I brought in the new year with the Nutcrackers while all the folks around me kissed anything that crossed their path.

A very happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you all.

4 comments:

Randy said...

It's great to know the Pink Owl has spread his wings and made new friend in such a short time. I have to say that his old perch looks rather bare without him there, plus his buddy the thinker does nothing but sigh and cry while I'm working on the computer. Oh well such is life. May you all have a peaceful and prosperous 2009!

Pink Owl said...

Hooty Hoo to you and yours, Randy! Tell The Thinker that I miss him as well - just making the best of things, you know how it is!

Karen said...

We were so honored that you attended our little party. Thanks Pink for making us so cool!

Pink Owl said...

Thanks for letting me crash your party! For an uninvited guest, I was made to feel exceedingly welcome!