Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How do You Say "Hootie Hoo" in Spanish?

The family celebrated Cinco de Mayo like many in the United States do: We went out for Mexican food and big ole margaritas. Apparently this is a holiday that is not extensively celebrated in Mexico, but in the United States it's been pretty much appropriated as a good excuse for a cocktail. I am not adverse to this, and actually think there should be more ethnic/cocktail oriented holidays. One owls opinion. Ahem.

The kids had virgin daiquiris that they said were super-yummy.


The grown ups had margaritas on the rocks. Me? I indulged in a little bit of everything.

The kids were tickled, because, as you can see in the picture, the table at which we were seated had an owl on it. I told them if you look hard enough, there are owls everywhere. Their association with me has just heightened their awareness.

I liked this restaurant - I fit in very well with their color scheme. In an era when even some fast food places are taking a stab at understated, it's refreshing to go somewhere that isn't afraid to be big and bold and out there. What's that you say? My digestion? Didn't affect it a bit.

Hootie Hoo, and Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

Mama-Face said...

I will use any excuse to eat Mexican Food. Cinco De Mayo or not. It's my son's b-day too, so it's celebrated with us anyway.

How fortunate...a pink owl!

Following is as following does. Looking forward for more reading.