Monday, May 25, 2009

Back to the Woods

This weekend I was packed up again and unpacked in a place where owls like me feel most at home (Well, owls, anyway. There aren't many owls like me...) - the forest.

Yep, this weekend they took me camping.


The family were like different people out in the woods. They were super-mellow and I liked that a lot! Of course Tammy and I got up early every morning to read and write and commune with nature. There are a lot of birds making noise early in the morning, who knew? (I'm nocturnal by nature, remember?) It was no hootie hoo, but their songs were pretty. For morning birds.

Check it out! I even had my own door to the tent!


I admired Shelby's boots so much that she let me try them on. I thought they looked great, but no-one saw fit to let me keep them - or even wear them for the rest of the day. Boots are for people, blah blah blah...


Of course I liked the nights the best, when I could sit around the campfire with my gnomie.

All the coolest folks come out at night.


Lea let me sing while she played her guitar: Whooooooo are you? Whooo whoooo? Whooo whooo?

I had forgotten how much better everything tastes outside!

What a great weekend, I hope I get to go camping again real soon! Do you think next weekend is too much to hope for?

No comments: