Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Wearin' O' The Green

As today was St. Patrick's Day, I donned my sparkly green hat and headed out for an afternoon (yes, I said afternoon) of green beer and all things Irish. I don't believe I have any Irish in my bloodline, but I'm told everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, and that's good enough for me!

I drank a couple green beers.

Acquired some nifty new bling.

And made some new friends.

It was an extremely fun afternoon and I'm hoping there will be more like it. People paid a lot of attention to me, as they tend to do when I go out, and I have to admit: I really like the attention.

I was paying attention to what people were wearing. There were folks of all ages who went all out - like my friends pictured above. There was every shade of green imaginable. Some folks just wore a little, some folks wore it head to toe. There were folks stopping in on their lunch hour wearing subtle pistachio dress shirts or a tie with a single green strip running through it sitting next to folks who'd dyed their hair green and were wearing 2 foot tall beer mug hats. But they were all drinking beer at noon!

What a day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments: