Monday, June 29, 2009

Family Visit

I am sorry. Truly. This party started almost a month ago. I had good intentions of live-blogging on vacation, but there was something wrong with the connection thingy between the camera and the computer. Sorry if my explanation was too technical.

Without further ado:

I came out of my green box this time in Bethlehem, PA. The family was there for a double graduation party, and it ain't a party if it ain't got Pink, "Hoot! Hoot!"

The party started, for my family at least, with Yuengling and cheesesteaks. Now east coast folks don't tend to be too impressed with Yuengling, but where I am now, you can't get 'em. Everyone knows, if you can't get it, it's better than everything you can get. Same goes double for a good Philly cheesesteak on an Amoroso roll.


Of course I had to work off all that beer and cheesesteak. There might have been a Tastycake Krimpet or two involved, too. Not sayin', just sayin'.


After my workout, I took a walk around the grounds.

Lions and owls on stairs - oh my!

Having a ball, so far!

Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

A little rock climbing while the waterfall is in disrepair...

Hanging out with Hiawatha, whose eyes aren't scary at all. Nope. Not at all.

Fishing wasn't so good, but it's always nice to make new friends!

Sitting in tree branches is my favorite! Hootie Hoo!

Time to head in for the night. I played a little Chinese Checkers with Liv before turning in.

The next morning, I was told there would be chores.

Nothing heavy - just laid a little pipe...

Cleaned the toilets.

A little privacy, please!

Walked the dog.

And did the laundry.

Finally, I was told it was time for a swim.

I headed for the pool house...


And emerged ready for the water!

Chillin' with my peeps - er - um - ducks at the end of a long, happy day.

I'm glad we're coming back here in a couple months! I have a feeling that there are places here I didn't get a chance to explore...

1 comment:

KT Grant said...

AWW!! Cleaning the toilets!! LMAO