Monday, June 29, 2009

Mosquitoes as Big as Owls

After a quick visit with family, I was packed back into my green box. When I emerged, I was - Wait! I know this place! I was back in Goodland! I had such a good time last time I was here, so I was very excited.

I didn't get out as much this time, though, because June in Goodland is not quite as pleasant as January in Goodland. If you're not following, it was HOT. But that was only part of it. There were mosquitoes. And no-see-'ems. Now I'm a woodland creature, by nature. (Nurture took me down another path. No regrets.) I don't mind a few bugs. But this was ridiculous. My people were smacking me and each other and themselves constantly to try to keep the little buggers at bay. It was easier to stay in.

I did get to pose on the Goodland sign, though.
And I got to go to Stan's - which is a really happening place to be on a Sunday afternoon.


So it all went well, despite the tenacity of the smaller flying pests.

Where to next?

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love this little guy!!