Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Met a Gnome, Cute as Could Be

I spent Valentine's Day in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where I made the acquaintance of the handsome gnome you see pictured above. Isn't he dreamy? Now before you bother to tell me, "Pink, don't get carried away, it was just a beach romance", let me remind you that I have been around the block more than a couple few times and I think I know how to keep my heart under control.

Let me tell you, also, a little something about beach romances. Grease? Based entirely on a beach romance. Summer of '42? Beach romance. Also one of the first cougars represented on film. Just sayin'. A Summer Place? Please. I'm using these examples (and with a little thought I'm sure I could come up with many more) to illustrate the fact that "just" has no place in front of "a beach romance".

Do you recall a beach romance of your own? If you do, I'd bet dollars to donuts you're smiling right now just thinking about it.

No comments: