Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pink's Excellent Island Adventure

When they started wrapping me up in my box, I'll admit, I was a little confused. Generally I only go in the box when it's time for me to be traded to my next family. Now I know sometimes the passage of time is difficult to judge, but I was pretty close to sure an entire year hadn't gone by already. Imagine my surprise when the box was opened and I felt warm island breezes blowing through my feathers! I had been taken on vacation!

I found myself on Goodland Island, a small island next to Marco Island on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Here are some photos of me on my most excellent adventure. I hope they warm you up a little bit, if it's cold where you are!

Putting on sunscreen before the boat ride to the beach. If this is my natural color, can you imagine what I'd look like with a sunburn?


Heading out of the canal and into the Gulf

Soaking up the rays


Buried in the sand


Minding my conch farm.


The full effect of the farm


Riding a golf cart around the island. Like the sign behind me says: You can't make this S$%# up.

I really like margaritaville...


Headed for home.

What an exciting adventure indeed!

2 comments:

smarmygal said...

WOW. Some serious work was put into the conch farm. Wow. Just...wow.

mommakin said...

That would be the work of my sister. I'll give credit where it's due. My large ass was lying in the chair Pink had abandoned and my large nose was buried in a book.