Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras (No I Will Not Show You My Feathers)


I love a nice excuse for decadence as much as the next guy, and Mardi Gras - Fat Tuesday - certainly does provide a nice excuse. With all the traveling I've been doing this year, I was sort of half hoping I'd fall asleep on my perch and wake up in my box en route to New Orleans. That didn't happen. But you can't blame an owl for dreaming.

So no Bourbon Street for me. I didn't even start the day with paczki. Or donuts. That's okay, really, because the whole idea behind Fat Tuesday is to indulge in all the treats you'll be missing out on during Lent. Since I won't be actively sacrificing during the Lenten season, I suppose it would just be excessive of me to overidulge today. Still - there is something to that mass mentality. If today is a day of decadence, by Zeus I want to be decadent, too!

The day is not over - indeed, it's just begun. Perhaps an opportunity to let my feathers down may yet present itself. Now throw me some beads, mister!

1 comment:

bassislife said...

No feathers, no beads.