Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's Okay, I'm With The Band

I got to sit in with a band the other night. It turns out that most of the members of my host family play musical instruments and Tom had a gig at a bookstore with Billy Two Shoes, an "americana" band. He told my story to the other members and they insisted I sit in with them on a few songs. I don't play any instruments myself, but I can sing pretty good back-up, so I agreed.

I recognized some of the audience members as the hosts of the New Years Eve party, which made me very happy. I got to meet some other people, like the guitarist's wife and some of their friends. They were nice enough to tell the audience my story and even mentioned this blog!

Below is a video of one of the songs I sat in on. It's called Haystack and was a lot of fun to play. Lea, who took the video, even did a few close ups of me (how embarrassing). I hope you enjoy the music.

Haystack

4 comments:

smarmygal said...

Pink, you lucky owl, you! What great music! And to think you got to sit in with the band. I am pink with envy!

Pink Owl said...

Who's a rock star? I'm a rock star.

bassislife said...

Pink, I wanted to thank you for jamming with us on Friday. You sounded great! I wish you would sing louder though. You have such a beautiful voice, but I sometimes wondered if I was the only one who heard you.

Pink Owl said...

Aw, you're turning my head... (and owls can turn their heads almost all the way around - 'Exorcist' style - so, that's really something!) Thanks for including me - I hope we can jam together again someday.