Sunday, January 11, 2009

Post Holiday Ramblings

The family took down the Christmas tree this weekend. It is a weird aspect of my life that I always watch one family put their tree up and another take theirs down.

Although there was a lot of complaining about how boring it was and how long it was taking (seriously - I've seen a lot of trees come down in my day, and this one took LONG! Multiple days!)I still caught a glimpse of affection in the family members eyes from time to time. Some ornaments just came down and were thrown into the appropriate box. Some ornaments, though, were taken down slowly and held and looked over before being put away. This was my first Christmas with this family, but I got a pretty good feel for them while listening to the things they had to say while they took down their ornaments.

So now I get my first glimpse at what my new digs really look like without holiday decor. The flow is much nicer without the furniture all jammed together to make room for the tree.

I'm hanging out on a ledge above the back door in the family room. It's where they spend most of their time because, you know, it's where the TV is...

I suppose it'll do.

4 comments:

smarmygal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smarmygal said...

Pink -

Thought you'd like to know that you've been nominated for "Best Kept Secret" blog for the 2009 Bloggies :) Happy blogging!

mommakin said...

Wow, congrats Pink!

Pink Owl said...

It's an honor just to be nominated...