Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snow Day


So it snowed in Columbus this week. It snowed a lot, by Columbus standards, I'm told. I don't know about that. I've spent more winters in Johnstown, PA than anywhere else and, well, let's just say I've seen more snow. Everyone here is all excited about it, though. The kids had a snow day right in front of a four-day weekend, providing them with a pretty nice little winter break. It would be more fun if it weren't so darn cold! That's the real weather issue. Even taking my Western PA upbringing into account, -11 is COLD! Even that wouldn't be so bad if they'd just let me sit on my nice warm perch, but no!


They're so jazzed about the snow they think everyone else will be, too. "Come on, Pink!", they yell, grabbing me and taking me out with them. Does anyone stop to put a coat on ole' Pink before heading out into the sub-zero outdoors?


Why no, as a matter of fact, they do not. They did make me a warm beverage when we came back inside, though.


That sure was nice.

Wherever you are, stay warm!

No comments: